Friday, October 26, 2007

Moving Forward

I've had this blogger site now since April. And I guess, it's about time to move forward from my other site. It's been a good 4 years, but it's time to more forward to my grown up blog. Since apparently, my friend B thinks that "xanga is for 15 year olds." Fifteen, I surely am not. So here I am, starting anew for the umpteenth time on this site. From looking at my archives, I guess I tried to post on October 9th with the following:

"I used to be a chameleon; I could switch between one group of people to another and feel completely comfortable in each skin, each different personality. Some would mistake that as being..."

Interesting yes? Don't know what state of mind I was in earlier this month, but oh well. Let me finish this and make it my own writing exercise.

... fake or schizophrenic, depending on your mood that day. I'm generally able to adapt myself to any situation but in my older age, I feel as though I become stagnant in my ways. I know what I want, what I don't want, and why I don't care to waste my time on things that aren't worth my time. Life is so much simpler and happier when you erase the unnecessary drama (or at least try to).

The other night, I was reminded as to how I've changed in the last three years. Actually, it came as exclamation to a very surprised group of friends as I walked into a bar. You would have thought I was a bear coming out of hibernation. Compared to my weekly frolics and antics of years past, I guess I agree, I was maybe a little more fun (and accessible) back then. But I've moved on; I'm moving forward. Priorities have changed (hi, mortgage?!) and life goes on.

What baffles me, though, is the sense that my friends thought that my changing was wrong or not me. Apparently, my lack of attendance to happy hours has had a direct affect on who as I am as a person. Umm, no sweetheart, not really. You obviously, don't know me at all. I know how to have a good time (I'll recount FUNleah! stories in another post), but seriously, if you had a choice of happy hours in DC to happy hours in Dublin, which would you pick?

Guinness sure does taste better across the pond. I know from experience. And that's what I want, something new to taste, to do, to see, to discuss. And hopefully, if lazyleah doesn't appear, you'll get liveleah: my life as I know it, just doing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment